Risks of Essential Oils
Because of the strength of essential oils, I want to make sure that my family & extended family (YES YOU!!) always use them safely.
Did you know that it takes:
256 pounds of peppermint leaf to make one pound of peppermint essential oil
150 pounds or more of lavender flowers to make one pound of lavender essential oil
Thousands of pounds of roses to make 1 pound of rose essential oil
1. Do not ingest
2. Do not wear undiluted
3. Follow proper blending ratios
4. Consider the photosensitivity of certain oils like Citruses
5. Essential Oils affect hormones, consult an Aromatherapist before using during and after pregnancy
6. Many Essential Oils should never be used on children or pets, consult an Aromatherapist.
7. Essential Oils should never be stored in plastic, instead use a dark glass bottle, in a cool place, away from the sun